Jul 29, 2007
Lomak (Light Operated Mouse And Keyboard) Gets 2007 IDEA Gold
Lomak International Limited was awarded the Gold Prize in the Computer Equipment category in IDSA's 2007 Awards.
Company explains its technology:
Lomak (light operated mouse and keyboard) is designed for people that have difficulty with, or are unable to use, a standard computer keyboard and mouse. A hand or head pointer controls a beam of light that highlights then confirms the key or mouse functions on the keyboard. By confirming each key, only the correct selection is entered, which reduces errors and increases input speed.
In addition to speed and accuracy, Lomak offers a number of advantages over other access methods including;
- versatility and ease of use and training (people can be up and running with it almost immediately)
- it requires no calibration and can operate in any ambient conditions
- it does not require software (i.e. no dedicated computers are required for users with disabilities; converselyusers can log into their own PCs without assistance)
- it does not require any screen area (no on-screen keyboard or mouse menu is required)
- it can be used with any application (e.g. proprietary software such as accounting/payroll applications and other business software)
Lomak is ideal for a work environment as it is easy to install, use and manage. It requires little or no technical support as from a systems perspective it is recognised as simply a USB keyboard and mouse.